Effective ways to resolve 5 problems that are often experienced with HR technology adoption
In the dynamic business world, HR innovation is required for resourceful and profitable operations of any organization or enterprise. HR technology offers tremendous advantages to any enterprise while lowering burden that comes with ensuring impressive privacy measures.
While HR technology offers real time assessment, improved workers experience and other relevant analytics that would propel business forward, adopting HR technology comes with unique challenges. For adequate insight, here are five problems experienced with HR technology and effective ways to resolve them:
- Understanding and utilizing platforms correctly: While this is not expected in all cases, this is one of the common challenges that are encountered when trying to make a transition to HR technology. When a new HR technology is introduced, there is a high chance that the HR department would be unable to understand and utilize it immediately. To overcome this challenge, it is important that one or more personnel in the HR department are offered comprehensive training on how to utilize the program effectively. Once trained personnel have developed an extraordinary mastery of the technology, they can help others to understand and utilize the technology effectively as well.
- Computing inaccurate data: Making a transition to any form of HR technology would require that you compute existing company data that is kept on worksheets. Just like you imagined, shifting data from worksheets to HR technology is a daunting task that is often fraught with inconsistencies. When the data provided is filled with inaccuracies and inconsistencies, various errors that existed in the worksheet would be present on the freshly introduced HR technology as well.
To overcome this challenge, it is imperative that you dedicate time and resources to shifting data correctly. After all, you have heard the popular axiom , garbage in-garbage out, as it applies to technology. So it’s extremely important that the data is properly migrated to the new system. After this process, it would help to crosscheck in order to identify any irregularity. After implementing this process accordingly, you can be sure that the freshly introduced HR technology would offer applicable and actionable data.
- Familiarizing with freshly introduced HR Procedures: Making a transition to innovative procedures and methods is always difficult. Operations like recruitment, performance assessment and many more would be implemented on the HR innovation instead of your worksheet. When HR technology is introduced, there would be a drastic shift towards automated procedures and coping may seem impossible.
There is no fast remedy for this challenge. It will always require some time for you to become acquainted with a freshly introduced HR technology. With consistent practice, you will soon gain an enviable mastery of various procedures using HR technology that translate to proficient procedures.
- Getting workers to utilize self-service: One of the most impressive qualities of HR technology is hinged on the fact that it encourages self-service. With HR technology, workers can assess HR information, implement procedures, make petitions and receive instructions on policies without interactions with HR personnel.
Many organizations have a hard time getting workers to utilize self-service features of HR technology. The reason is because most workers are completely oblivious of HR technology and how it operates. It is the duty of the organization to organize training programs with the goal of equipping workers with mastery of self-service features.
- Incorporating policies, rules and standards for implementation: Most enterprises have policies, codes and standards that are enforced by HR personnel. It must be made known that HR technology does not provide policies, rules and standards for the organization by itself. Various desired rules must be incorporated into the HR technology and the HR technology would monitor implementation.
Incorporating policies, rules and standards is very demanding. Depending on the nature of the organization or enterprise, various essential rules and policies can be very bulky and complicated. To facilitate the process, it would help to seek the assistance of a legal practitioner.
Making a transition to HR technology comes with all of the aforementioned difficulties. However, the advantages of HR technology outweigh the challenges that may be experienced at the onset. HR technology is fantastic and offers invaluable advantages that would profit an organization immensely.
About the author:
Satish Chug ( Chief Technology Officer, ValeurHR )
Satish is a seasoned Information Technology Professional with more than three decades of experience in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
He has to his credit successful implementation of more than 100 Projects in the domains of HR, Publishing, Examination, Land Records, Manufacturing, eGovernance, Warehousing etc. He has worked with organisations like Quark, RCC, Trident, PLRS. He understands both business and technology very well.
Satish can be reached at email@example.com